It is with heavy hearts the family of Dawson Beckett announces his sudden passing of a heart attack on February 20, 2021 at the Hillsdale Estates at the age of 95. Dawson now joins his beloved wife Muriel (nee: Fawcett) Beckett who predeceased him in November 2007 and their son Terry who predeceased them in August 1989. Together Dawson and Muriel shared 56 years of marriage while raising their five children. Cherished father to Tom (Janette), Barb (Bill), Brian (Jackie), Terry (deceased), and Harvey (Kelly). Loved grandfather to Tamara (Mike), Tanyse (James), Jennifer (Mark), Julie (Sergio), Carrie, Corey (Tami), Christie (Zac), Matthew, Michelle (Jerome), Jessica (Joel), and Justin (Kaleigh). Dawson was a proud great-grandfather to 16 great grandchildren. The family would like to extend their most sincere gratitude to the amazing care by the third floor Blueberry Hill wing staff at the Hillsdale Estates. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the family will be having a private family service at the MORRIS FUNERAL CHAPEL 4 Division Street, Bowmanville, Ontario L1C 2Z1 on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 11:00AM. The funeral service will be live streamed to the general public, to those that wish to be in attendance virtually. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Dawson Harvey Beckett, please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
Instructions for Live stream video
1. On February 27, 2021 at approximately 10:50AM please click the following link to the Morris Funeral Chapel Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/morrisfuneralchapel/videos/?ref=page_internal
2. You will not see the live stream video until the funeral Home has started the live stream
3. Once the funeral home has gone live, you will see a red box indicating “Live”
4. At this point you should be able to watch the live stream
5. The funeral home will upload the entire service following the conclusion of the service for anyone that may have missed the live version